Wednesday 22 December 2010

Snow

I love snow.

Basically I can't get enough of it.  I love the whiteness, the grey in the sky, the snow when it comes down, driving in it, cycling in it, although I don't really cycle in London, as too many car driver don't have a clue how to deal with cyclists, not to mention cyclists who haven't got a clue how to deal with car drivers.  I love to walk in the snow, and make snowmen.  I don't make snow women, just snowmen.  I love it when you walk in brand new snow and it crunches under your feet when you walk over it, basically it's fabulous!!!

Ye I can understand those who hate it, because it can be nasty and dangerous, and knowing what the councils are like gritting the roads and pavements, I can see why people are annoyed and don't want the snow, but what can be better than see the children on their sledges sliding down Parliament Hill or throwing snowballs at each other.  My daughter had to wait seven years before she experienced snow.  I couldn't get her indoors.  Every few hours she would come in, change her wet clothes for dry ones and straight back out again.  Absolutely wonderful.

As far as I am concerned, it can start snowing on Saturday until the cows come home.  It's lovely having a white Christmas.  There's nothing wrong with hoping.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment