Tuesday 3 April 2012

Life

I cannot believe that it is a year since I have written a blog.  It is very strange that I haven't, taking into consideration that I do love writing and mostly just rant on about all sort of nonsense.  The last blog was about my ankles.  Honestly how on earth can you write about the use of ankles.

Well since the ankle episode, life has flown by.  After going back to work last May to a job that was increasingly becoming stressful, I decided that I should be looking for another job, mind you in today's climate I wasn't very hopeful, so I did my job to a fully 100% and kept my eyes and ears open.  You never know do you.

I forgot to say that I suffer slightly from insomnia, not that it ever bothered me, because if it does, it only makes it worse, so I was happily lying in bed next to me beloved husband, who would be miles away in dreamland, watching television, and patiently waiting to fall asleep, which usually happened at two or three in the morning.  My day job required me to be in at seven, so not many hours were occupied by sleep, but.........it worked and I just got on with it.

In the mean time my child did her GCSEs, and did really well, so that was a worry less.  You do worry about them.  You give birth to them and you worry for the rest of your life, not fair realy, but that's life (as the heading refers to).


So anyway, I do have another job, and this one requires me to work nights and nights only.  It's a shift pattern and the shifts are long ones, and I am on my own, something I don't really mind, as I like my own company, it also means that there is a possibility that I do not see my husband for days on end, as he works ridiculous hours during the day and is often not home before I leave, so our relationship is somewhat changed and conversations between us are held more and more on our mobiles (thank heavens for appropriate mobile contracts), but when we do see one another, we enjoy our company much more so I suppose that is a real bonus after nearly 20 years together. It also means that we both have the whole king size bed to ourselves when we get in from work, and that is bonus number two.  Whilst I am writing this he is gently snoring for England.


I suppose I should go to bed too, so I wish you all a very good and restful night, until the next blog

No comments:

Post a Comment